Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Visit to WDW

After we finished with the CLMA Convention in Tampa we decided it would be a waste of a trip, besides bordering on insanity, not to take a few days to visit one of our favorite places, Walt Disney World. I had heard that you could possibly catch a ride up front on the monorail. When I asked they told me that it might take a while. Well, we weren't in any real rush, so we waited.

I know some of you have heard about the crash of the two monorails at WDW, resulting in the unfortunate death of an operator. This was the first accident of the monorail since Disney World opened in 1971. I would ride in that front car again in a heart beat. It's that cool!

It was very cool and well worth the wait. It was a view we had never had before.
We got to see old friends performing.
It was beautiful weather, even if it was very hot and humid. Besides, a bad day at Walt Disney World is better than a good day most anywhere else.

Just think, we got kisses from Mickey and Minnie. It doesn't get much better than that.

I got to ride my favorite roller coaster.

I almost thought that Joanne wouldn't be making the trip home, but I got Minnie to step in and everything worked out.

We had to give Mr. and Mrs. Incredible a few workout tips.


We may have been a few weeks early, but this was our 38th anniversary celebration. It works for me. Though I think we'll stick to Fall and Spring visits and avoid the heat.

No comments: