Monday, July 6, 2009

The Sitting Preacher

For some reason I developed extreme cramping in my legs. It was kind of a cross between cramps and when your legs go to sleep and then start to wake up. It got so bad that I could hardly stand. I, being the macho man that I am, planned to do my sermons as I always do, standing up. Joanne got to the congregation before I did and they already had a chair waiting for me to preach from.
I finally went to the doctor and he put me on some high dose anti-inflammatory. He felt that I had some pressure on a nerve in my back. He said I could try the pills or he could give me an injection in my back. Again, being the macho man that I am, I went for the pills. When I finished the medication, the situation seemed resolved and I haven't had any more problems. Now I'm back to standing up on Sundays. Ah, better living through chemistry.

No comments: