Friday, July 10, 2009

Libby and Zac's Wedding

I had the privilege of officiating the wedding for Libby and Zac. Libby was in my youth group when I was the Youth Pastor at Fairview UMC a few years back. She and Zac have been dating since High School and had planned on getting married when Libby graduated from Randolph College. And that is exactly what they did.
I got to get all duded up in my robes. I save them for weddings and baptisms.
This is Libby and her sister, Becky, who was in our youth group for a short time.
Libby and Zac, the newly weds, and one grinning preacher.
Cutting the wedding cake.
Throwing the bridal bouquet.
Libby and Zac getting pummeled with bird seed as the leave the reception.

It is truly one of the joys of being in ministry. I had Libby in Youth group for several years and I got to perform her wedding. It meant so much that she would want me to do that for her. Thanks Lib, Thanks Zac, May you both be blessed with long and happy life.

No comments: