Thursday, July 1, 2010

Prayer meeting at St. Andrews UMC

We had a board meeting at St. Andrews UMC and it was proposed that we start a weekly prayer meeting. Now, the idea was not mine, it was theirs, and it was unanimously approved. For a pastor it doesn't get much better than that. I know that as a United Methodist pastor, eventually, I will most likely be moved. But, when it is their idea, they have ownership. It idea doesn't walk out the door when I have to move to another congregation.
 
We had our first prayer meeting this past Tuesday night. We had 6 people joining together and that includes me. Now that may seem like a small number to some, but with a church that has a small congregation, that number represents 10 to 20% of the active congregation. Personally, I am very pleased with the response. We spent an hour praying for world issues and needs, our nation, our state, our community, our church, and individuals.

No comments: