Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11 Eight Years Later

This morning I've been watching the memorial services from New York, Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon. I am remembering, shuddering as images of that day are shown again. Eight years later and the tears still come. They say we must not forget, I can't.



I saw the finest in our nation and in our friends around the globe after that day. My prayer is that we not only remember the events of that day, but also how we came together as a nation. There were no races, no political parties, no diverse nationalities or religions. We were all Americans. American flags flew from houses, cars, businesses, trees. We had a bond that solidified us. What was meant for evil, had an unforeseen result. We need to remember just how incredible that felt.

No comments: