Thursday, November 1, 2007

July 2007

The beginning of July I became the pastor to a United methodist Charge of 3 churches. The churches are South of Lynchburg and East of Gretna. Gretna is about 37 miles South of where I live. The churches are in the middle of farm country, primarily corn and tobacco.
My first church is actually in Halifax county. I leave Lynchburg and take 501 south toward South Boston. It is about 40 miles to the first church and it takes a little under an hour to get there. My first church is in Republican Grove and is named Republican Grove UMC. They have about 10 to 15 attending on Sundays.
Services at Republican Grove UMC start at 9:00 in the morning. I try to get there araound 8:30 so I can have some time to meet, fellowship, and catch up on the goings on in the community. The church has a fellowship hall downstairs and classrooms behind the pulpit.
They have a beautiful mural at the front of the church. Immediately following the service I have to go directly to my second church, Providence UMC. (see part 2)


No comments: