Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hey, We Had A Long Weekend!

The churches I work with have a tradition that the pastor gets fifth Sundays off. I call it my "Fifth Sunday Sabbatical". It just happens that March had five Sundays. So, I had Monday off from the doctors office and I took Friday as a vacation day. Presto, we had a four day weekend. We were in need of a grandchildren fix, so we packed bags and headed off to New York state.

It takes about 11 hours each way with pit stops and getting something to eat. That gave us two whole days to spend with Courtney, Dave and the kids. The picture is Joanne and I with the grandkids. Thomas is 11 (will be 12 in July), Taisie is 10, Levi is six, and Lila is 2. You can't see it in the picture, but I am standing on my tip toes just trying not to look shorter than my grandson. Didn't work did it?
There was an event that Courtney mentioned on her blog, that I was fortunately taking a nap during. http://splashinggrace.blogspot.com/2009/03/picture-taking-3-act-plays.html There are times when a nap really does do a body good.

1 comment:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

you never know - if she's sees and ED commercial and has questions - I'll just have her call you :D