Sunday, March 22, 2009

Visitors at the Parsonage

Since Joanne has not been able to join me on Sunday mornings, I have been leaving earlier and stopping at the parsonage for about half an hour. I sit in the living room, turn on the gas logs to warm the room, and take some time to review the sermon. It is usually a very quiet and relaxing time. This morning I heard this strange loud noise outside the house. When I checked, I found about a dozen wild turkeys making their way across the side yard.



As I watched them move off into the woods, I was reminded of one of the reasons why I love coming to the country each week. It gives me a sense of perspective, balance, and peace. While that isn't to say you can't get those inside the city limits, its just different and I try to appreciate those moments.

1 comment:

your daughter, too tired to sign in said...

great, now I'm hungry