Thursday, April 24, 2008

Psyche Evaluation Interview

I went to Richmond yesterday for my Psychological Evaluation Interview for the licensing process with the United Methodist Church. The letter had told me to plan on an hour and a half to two hours for the interview. Joanne and I arrived about ten minutes early for the appointment. Joanne brought a book and crossword puzzles to occupy her while I went in for the eval. They called me back at 1:00.

The interview went fine. First we talked about the information on my bio sheet. I had to confess that I was now 56 rather than 55. Then we went over my answers and results from my written psyche evaluation. He said that I appeared to be an exacting, detail watching, perfectionist (he probably said it nicer than that). I told him that if he had worked in the medical lab field for 35 years that he'd be that way too. All in all, the results were positive. Even the stuff that seemed negative, I had to admit was right. I was finished at 1:45.

A two hour drive, both ways, for a 45 minute interview. The Methodist Church needs to think of a better way to do this. Joanne was afraid that my "Grumpy" shirt had me written off before I went in, but I don't think so. I just hope that after all this they get the results back fast. I would like to get a copy though, just in case I ever need an insanity defense.

No comments: