Friday, May 25, 2012

First Sunday at Shiloh UMC

In April, I started serving as the Interim Pastor at Shiloh UMC in Forest VA. I am still appointed to Timberlake UMC until July and they have graciously loaned me to Shiloh.

I realize some of the pictures are a tad fuzzy, but I've been assured that I look better that way.
 This is a very "coming full circle" experience for Joanne and me. Joanne has had family in these pews for at least three generations. There is a stained glass window in the santuary dedicated to her grandparents.
 Joanne grew up attending Shiloh UMC, she went to Sunday School and played the piano here. Actually, when we were dating, I started coming on Sundays just so I could see Joanne more.
41 years ago this June, Joanne and I were married at Shiloh UMC, standing in front of that altar rail. I took part in Joanne's father's funeral standing behind that pulpit. In other words, there is a lot of history here that we are connected to and happily so.
 I asked the congregation, "How many of you were here when Joanne and I got married?" Quite a few people raised their hands. I then looked at them and said, "You didn't see this coming, did you?" Everyone laughed and more than a few shook their heads.

I can't say that I can see where the road is leading with this new move. But, the cool part is that I know who plans my intinerary and I know He has quite an adventure in mind.

1 comment:

Linda Crist said...

Hey !
So glad to hear you and Joanne are at Shiloh. Blessings to you both. I know you will be blessing to the church.