Thursday, May 1, 2008

Another Hoop Jumped


I got this email yesterday. A bit of explanation first. I was ordained in a non-denominational church back in 1994. While the UMC recognizes my ordination, they do not accept it in their denomination. So I have been going through the process for the UMC. I am presently serving as a Lay Supply Pastor with the Mount Airy Charge. Upon completion of the requirements I will be a Local Pastor with the UMC and that should all finalize in early June. That's probably as clear as mud, but it'll have to do for now.

Charlie -

The Lynchburg District Committee on Ordained Ministry met yesterday and approved you as a certified candidate for ministry, approved you to attend local pastor licensing school, and approved for appointment as a part-time local pastor. Please contact the Lynchburg District Office immediately for the application and book list for licensing school.

If you have any questions about the requirements, please contact our district registrar.

Grace & Peace,

Rick Ecklund, Pastor

Centenary United Methodist Church

No comments: