Monday, September 27, 2010

Republican Grove Homecoming 2010

On 26 September Republican Grove UMC celebrated their 2010 Homecoming. It was a beautiful with the temperature in the 70's with a nice breeze coming in the windows. We were happy to have so many form Providence UMC and St. Andrews UMC join with Republican Grove on this special day.
We had quite a few children with us that day, joining Cortney Dawson. I think she was curious about these new people that were her size. I got to take adavantage of the day a do the children's message. I know you're wondering who helped me up off the floor. I'm not telling.
Brian Daniels, from Providence UMC, joined us and sang Amazing Grace. We very much appreciate Brian being willing to share his talent with us.
Joanne played piano for Homecoming and accompanied Brian for his solo.
Rev. Earl Long from Vertical Kids Ministry was our guest speaker for this year's Homecoming. Earl brought us an excellent message and incorporated some of his gospel illusions into the sermon. Everyone enjoyed the word and the object lessons.
Earl took an obviously empty paper bag and kept pulling things out of it, to demonstrate how receiving gifts often takes faith. He then took a box with J.O.Y. written on the outside and placed inside the box a black scarf, representing Sin, and next a red scarf, representing the Blood of Jesus. He then unfolded the box, laying it flat on the table, and only a white scarf was inside. Demonstrating that the Blood of Jesus removes the dark stain of Sin and leaves us white as snow.
The only problem is that I have to preach next week after this. I think maybe I had better learn to juggle. Well, maybe I had better make sure my health insurance will cover juggling injuries first.
After the service and a blessing by Rev. Sam Caldwell, we heading downstairs for a wonderful lunch. There were foods and desserts in abundance. It was nice to sit and talk with friends and family. I think the pictures are better than any words regarding our meal and fellowship. 










It was a great day. Word and Worship, Food and Fellowship.

No comments: