Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Well, It's Official

Every year United Methodist pastors come up for possible reappointment, that is they either stay where are or are moved to serve at a new church. The closest thing I can compare it to is being in the military. You never know when you'll get new orders or where you might be sent. You serve at the need and discretion of the organization. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with it. I was aware of how it worked when I signed on, both when I was in the Air Force and now with the United Methodist Church.

Well, it is official. I have been reappointed to serve the Mount Airy Charge for another year. It looks like I'll be going in the doors of Republican Grove UMC, Providence UMC, and St. Andrews UMC for at least another year and I couldn't be happier.

Republican Grove UMC
Providence UMC
St. Andrews UMC
Now I can breath easy for another year.

No comments: