Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Visit From My Aunt Pauline

Last week my Aunt Pauline, my dad's sister, came to Lynchburg for a visit. She came down all the way from New Hampshire. Let's just say it had been a long time.
When we were kids we always got sweaters from our Aunt Pauline every year for Christmas. We were always amazed how she always got our size right and a style that was what we wanted. It wasn't until I had kids that I found out that she would send the money to my folks and they would pick the sweaters and get them just right. It was almost like finding out about Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny. Major bummer, another childhood bubble burst.

It had been a lot of years since we had been together. She got to see Jeremiah for the first time since before he was a teenager. She also got to meet Katie and Leah for the first time. I think it was sort of a time warp shock for Pauline.


She and Leah got along fine. Leah kept trying to feed Pauline the cardboard coaster she was eating. It was good time telling old stories, most of which I didn't even remember. I loved it when she and my dad were telling stories about when they were kids. All too soon she had to head back to New Hampshire. Thanks for the visit Aunt Pauline.

No comments: