Friday, December 7, 2007

Chrismons

St. Andrews UMC has a really nice Chrismon Tree at the very front of the sanctuary, covered with symbols representing Jesus, Christendom, Biblical and Theological concepts.
Shirley Wyatt explained the meaning of the Chrismons to those of us who weren't familiar with them. I tended to keep my hands down. A tendency I developed in elementary school when my teachers carried big sticks like Shirley uses. Protect your knuckles!
I don't know if you can tell with my picture, but all the Chrismons are made with buttons. Virtually every member of St. Andrews has been involved in the making of the Chrismons, from the children and youth to the senior members.
If you would be interested in learning more about Chrismons, check this site.
http://www.umcs.org/chrismons/

No comments: