Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Where ya' been?

Yeah, I know it has been awhile since I posted anything and I apologize profusely if there's anyone that really cares. The fact is that I'd like to get back doing this just so I can have a point of expression and getting my thoughts together. I'll probably be doing some reviewing, sharing some stuff that is way past due and some more current.


I am no longer appointed to the Mount Airy Charge as their pastor, though we do stay in touch. Joanne and I continue going to The White Fall Farm Pumpkin Hunt every October, where we get to see many of our folks from the three churches on the charge.


This is now my fifth year as pastor of Shiloh UMC in Lynchburg VA. When Joanne and I were dating and attending Shiloh, it was a little country church. Now, it is still a little country church, but in the middle of businesses and urban sprawl.



Shiloh UMC, 18121 Forest Rd, Lynchburg VA 24502


Shiloh UMC is the church that Joanne grew up attending. It is also the church where Joanne and I were married in 1971. We walked in the door this time having family and friends who already attend.

 
 A lot has happened since we've been here and I hope to share some of that with you. We have a great congregation that is amazingly hospitable and welcoming.
 


Joanne and I now have six grandchildren, with a possible seventh. More on that later. We love them all dearly and just don't get to see them often enough. Maybe retirement will resolve some of that.


Our daughter, Courtney, and her Husband, Dave Harrington have (left to right) Thomas, Levi, Taisie, and Lila. The Harrington crew live in New York state, where Dave is the pastor of Community Gospel Church. Joanne and I got to spend Christmas with them this year.


Jeremiah and Kate have Leah and Jeremiah. They live just outside of Lynchburg, up on a mountain, where they have bees and chickens.



Well, I guess that's about it for now. If I get to talking too much about the church and family I may just overstay me welcome. I'll try to do better this time and keep a regular schedule of posting. As always, I appreciate your support and comments. 

No comments: