Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day at Shiloh UMC 2012

Well, it was Father's Day at Shiloh UMC and we had gifts for select fathers. Joe Irvine won for being the oldest father at church, he's a very healthy 92 years old.
I swear I didn't plan it this way, but I ended up being the youngest grandfather. I've been a grandfather for almost 15 years. Think of all the prizes I've missed.
Jeremiah Johnson, our son, won for being the youngest father. I know I look younger, but I don't want to hurt his feelings.
As Joanne and I have become accustomed to do, we give gifts to all the men at church. We recognize them as "Men of Faith". We realize that whether you have natural children or not, at some point you have been a father figure or spiritual father to someone; providing guidance, mentoring, or simply keeping someone out of harms way.
Each gift was a pack of goldfish crackers with a note thanking them for being Fishers of Men.

During the service I used our new grandson, Jeremiah Luther Johnson, to demonstrate differences in how men and women carry babies.
It was a good day.

No comments: